Aug 3, 2014

"*THIS WAS NOT WRITTEN FROM A BOY'S POINT OF VIEW!* "- A short story

Story begins...

As soon as the train halted at the Beach station, a huge crowd boarded. Each and every person in the crowd took a glance at me, which included a few old men. It was so disgusting, only my fellow beings would understand my problem. Two boys struggled and came near. Before approaching me they stared at each other. They started arguing as who should approach me first. The heated argument was followed by a fight between the two. I couldn't utter a word or stop them though I was the reason for their fight. I remained silent. In this sequence, they had hit a vendor's basket making all the oranges to fall. This made a huge mess. From their ID cards I came to know that they both were from different colleges. It was tumultuous. This is a common scene in a crowded local train in Chennai. I had faced a hell lot of blues. These  people had even spilt eatables like pakodas, samosas and sometimes even biriyani on me. It is a public transport and they must know their manners. It was very maddening. As the train reached their stop, the boys got down, not even noticing me or giving me a last look. They walked on as if nothing had happened. I was frustrated "I might not be as beautiful as Samantha, you may even get one in SRM University ,but not me" I told myself. Suddenly an old lady sat on me. By the way I forgot to tell about myself I'm just a wooden seat in a local train.

-THE END-

-Lohithaksha Sreedharan

7 comments:

  1. Awesome..great start...keep rocking..awaiting more short stories from u..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot sis. Do check out my other short stories I have posted recently, definitely won't disappoint you :)

      Delete
  2. It was nice reading it.... :) Was more like a riddle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice reading it.. :) Its more like a riddle... And failed it guess it... So good job:D

    ReplyDelete