Jun 15, 2016

A Theist by choice

Dear Atheists,

Of late I've been seeing more Atheistic posts than religious. Now I don't know who is more obsessed about the fact of existence of God, Theists or Atheists.

See the point is this. Theists are not dumb ppl. Even Dr APJ was a religious person and so was the Genius mathematician Sir Srinivasa Ramanujan. Dr. Kalam knows more science than we all do. Why wasn't he influenced by your science-is-factual-not-religion posts? Now are you gonna argue that he isn't a scientist at all? Stop using science alone as your weapon. Even "Big bang theory" isn't proved yet.

If you're annoyed by the religious quotes and posts, the theists can be equally annoyed by atheistic posts but most of them ignore for good. And so should Atheists? You're pissed off when somebody talks about religion 'cause it contradicts your BELIEF (that there's no God) then how do you tell Theists to shut up when YOU contradict their beliefs? Theists have their own reasons to follow their religion. You don't have to follow or agree to them but respect their choice.


Most of our parents are Theists, especially our Mothers. Try changing them and convincing them. If you can't start the change at your home how can you expect to change the society?

I've seen in Instagram and other social network profiles -  wearing "An Athiest" as a badge in their bio. Would you react the same if Theists put up "A Hindu, Muslim, Christian etc" in their bio, taking pride in identifying themselves? Wouldn't you term them as dangerous nonsecular? Atheists don't want religion and people identifying themselves as a sect? Why? People hurt each other in order to protect their beliefs and their own sect. Is Atheism heading in the same direction nowadays? I fear in a few years they'll form a new sect. And it would be all the same. And there would be no point of being an Atheist.

Let us follow our own beliefs until we're not banging Gita or Quran on your face and preaching. Not all Theists preach and fight each other for their religion, we believe for our own reasons and follow without having to prove others that we're right. Religion is a parallel track, a part of our life not our entire life. We're not obsessed with it and we do carry on with other things in life like all Atheists do. Why can't Atheists stop proving that only they're right? Who's imposing now?

And yes I'm a Theist, I respect Atheists and other religions. I'm not trying to protect my sect because I was born into such a family. I follow my religion by my own choice. My parents are Theists too but never imposed religious beliefs on me but they taught me humanity comes first.

In short, being a Theist doesn't make one dumb or being an Atheist makes one smart. Respect everyone's beliefs. Peace.

-Lohithaksha Sreedharan 

8 comments: