May 9, 2016

A poem - My foot!


"Nice shoes you got there chap"
gleaming, I walk with pride
feeling the world under my feet.
Running into a rock which lay roadside
my shoe got torn, cursing I carried on walking on the street.
A little further and then it began to rain
my feet got dampened, and drenched myself entirely
I start to feel tiny fishes trickling inside my shoes.
branded shoes worth so much money
yet unable to walk in rain.
Now cursing myself, I resume walking
A while ago, dressed like a dandy, now I look so plain
I noticed the puddle, amidst the heavy pour
paused a second, looked around
tiny paws stuck in swamp
I remove my shoes, jump, now I'm safe and sound
As I reached home, my feet so damp
vut myself completely drenched
stinking filthily lay my exquisite woollen socks.
The next few days, bed-ridden
entertainment and social distractions forbidden.
My thoughts narrowed, I realized
how the other day, I was lucky
for my shoes protecting me from getting hurt
how thankful humans should be, bestowed with two feet
capable of surviving any odds to meet.
Everyone is blessed with what's necessary
most with opportunities to protect the necessity
few with luxury to fashion the necessity
For I know what I should be thankful for, my foot!

-Lohithaksha





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful article! We are linking to this particularly great article on our
    website. Keep up the good writing.

    ReplyDelete